POST OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS
- You have just had a surgical procedure.
- Please bite very hard on the gauze for 45 minutes to help stop the bleeding.
- Please swallow saliva whilst you bite on the gauze. Do not spit.
- Do not rinse your mouth or brush your teeth today, blow your nose or drink through a straw. This may dislodge the blood clot leading to further bleeding.
- After 45 minutes you can take the gauze out but if bleeding persists, re-pack the site with a clean handkerchief or gauze and bite on it for another 45 minutes.
- The numbness will begin to disappear in about an hour. Take your medication before then to avoid being in pain.
- You can eat (soft diet) and drink water after the bleeding stops.
- 24 hours after the surgery, gently rinse with warm salt water 3-4 times a day for a week.